We provide carpet from Shaw, Godfrey Hirst, Carpet One brands, and more. Hardwood flooring is available, as well as bamboo and cork selections. Marmoleum resilient from Forbo as well as VCT tile for commercial applications and linoleum for kitchen and bathroom floors. Stop by to see our selection and check out samples to see exactly how it will look in your home!
Visit the store or contact us for pricing and more information!
Schumacher is now displaying Armstrong hardwood! Come into our showroom to see our brand new display with beautiful options and exotic woods.
Hardwood maintenance and installation tips from Metropolitan Hardwood Floors
- Floating floors (laminates, hardwoods, etc.)should never go under cabinets, islands, or any appliance that is permanently fixed. This may cause cracking, cupping, or buckling due to expansion and contraction from moisture or due to heavy weight pulling the floor apart.
- Hardwood floors should be installed as late as possible on the job. Installation prior to painting can cause moisture problems; installation prior to HVAC system can cause humidity and temperature fluctuations; trades traffic or improper protection can cause damage or pre-mature UV changes in the wood.
- Do not install a hardwood floor if there is standing water in the crawl space of the house.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Use rugs or mats in high-traffic areas or in areas where dirt and grit maybe tracked across the floor.
- Use furniture leg protectors on all furniture.
- Keep the internal temperature at 65-75 Fahrenheit degrees and 35% – 55% humidity.
- Clean your floor with a manufacturer-approved hardwood floor cleaner – do not use water, vinegar, unauthorized soaps, oil-based soaps, waxes, or steam cleaners.
- Do not walk across the floor in shoes that have sharp protrusions, these may cause scratches and dents.
- Some gapping and expansions or contractions of a hardwood floor is natural, and will not detract from the usefulness or beauty of the product.
- Hardwood should acclimatize, in unopened boxes, in the house where it is to be installed for at least 48 hours prior to installation.
Hardwood floors are a luxurious, natural complement to any home. We hope you enjoy yours for years to come!