Once you have made all the final selections with your sales person you can expect the following:
- When you or your contractor inform us that your cabinets are fully installed, you will be scheduled to have our Templator come make a pattern of your cabinets and collect all the necessary details like sink location, stove information, sink style, etc. In the case of a remodel using your existing cabinets, we will template right away.
- Once we receive your templates from our Templator your project will be put into production in our fabrication facility. The Sawyer will lay out the templates on your slabs to ensure proper fit, grain direction, seam locations and color matching. The Sawyer will cut out your countertops to the template pattern on a bridge or gantry saw using a diamond blade.
- After your counters are cut, they will then be edged on one of our edging machines, Park Pro-Edge III or Park Titan CNC. The sink will also be cut out and polished on the Park Titan CNC. The CNC uses a CAD drawing to cut and polish with diamond tooling.
- From the machines your countertops go to the Fabricators for final polish, seaming, comparing to templates, inspection and sealing.
- Your install date will be determined at the time of template and is usually 1 to 2 weeks from template. When the installers show up on the install date you will need to have the faucets and stove on site. Typically a kitchen install takes a full day, but sometimes more depending on the size and detail. Full slab backsplash is measured at the time of install to ensure proper fit from counter to cabinet, cut at our shop and returned for install 2 days later. If you are using tile for your splash, a separate crew will install your tile (typically the next day) after the epoxy used to set the slab tops has had time to cure. Drilling of faucet, Hotsy, air switch, and soap dispenser holes are done on site to ensure proper location.
- Once your new countertops are installed you will enjoy life-long durability and timeless beauty.
Schumacher Tile & Stone